Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do U All Spend A Lot Money To Get A New Released Games?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Learner87

Learner87

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

If have a choice, would u all rather spend less money to get it?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

I like to wait a while after a game first comes out to buy it-it'll drop in price after a short while. I've also got quite a few used games too that I've purchased as they're a lot cheaper!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:45 AM

If it's a game I really want, I'll usually reserve it (like Halo 3 Legendary Edition). However, nowadays, I wait till it drops to a minimum of $30 USA to buy. So many games I have bought for $50, only to find them a year later selling for $20 or less.

Oh and yea, I buy a lot of games used :thumbsup:. Especially computer games.

Edited by solaris32, 19 August 2007 - 12:45 AM.

When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:58 AM

It depends on the game. for grand Turissmo 4 i was on a reserve list since its inception (3 years before release) and paid full price for 2 games (me and little brother). dot hack 4 I paid $20 extra for to have it shipped in express from a warehouse in CA (no stores even carried it in the central east coast release week) most other games ill pick up off of the used rack. I leave a list with a friend who works at a console video game store and if one of my titles come in I'll get a phone call to come pick it up (i also get a good discount there on used games). PC games gotta reach $30 before Ill buy them (dont see many used PC game stores here)

Posted Image

#5 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:44 AM

Wht's the different of piracy copy and original wan?
Posted Image

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:18 AM

Some games I run out and buy directly because I just can't wait. Others I let the price drop, maybe hope they turn up on Steam, where they often have special promotions and packs and so on.

Wht's the different of piracy copy and original wan?

The pirate copy is illegal.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:37 AM

Ya, I've wasted so much money on 50$ videogames (for consoles) , that get boring after just a few weeks... Man, if I could get all the money back from all the money I've spent on videogames, I'd probaby have about 3 grand right now.

I like to buy computer games for 20$ :thumbsup: . I saw battlefield 2 is now down to 20$ at gamestop, I think its time I get that.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

With so much crud being released, I seldom find anything for which I will pay full price; some patience and a good group of games already at hand that I enjoy playing off and on, and I will wait until the price is dropped.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

If I really want it, I get it for full price the week it comes out. However, if I don't know about it until a year or more after the initial release (or if I'm poor), I, obviously, buy it at either $20 or $30. I also have no trouble buying used, especially if it is a rare game.

#10 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

Most games have a free demonstration download (called 'Demo') so just play that for a while to help you decide whether to go out and buy the full game..

#11 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

I spent 55 bucks plus tax on pre-downloading Bioshock from Steam so that I could start playing it the moment it launched. But the damn Securom servers were down so I couldn't activate it. *Grumble*
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#12 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

Well i buy games as soon as a special combo deal comes out or it drops 10-20 dollars for example i spent 40 dollars for halo 2 pc that may seem a lot but i got shadowrun for free.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#13 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

Well i buy games as soon as a special combo deal comes out or it drops 10-20 dollars for example i spent 40 dollars for halo 2 pc that may seem a lot but i got shadowrun for free.

I'm guessing that it was a combo deal? Might I ask where you get your combo deals from?
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#14 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:37 PM

Well i usually go to circuit city i get the sunday ad and say hey thats cheap then i go out and buy it. Where i live new games at circuit city cost 10 dollars less on the first day, its always like that
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#15 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:10 AM

I grab a lot of nice combo deals from Steam. They tend to have something going on every month. Like I picked up The Longest Journey and Dreamfall in a $25 combo deal. At the moment they got a ID Super Pack going where you get every ID Software game ever made in a pack for $70.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users