Is SmitfraudFix on your desktop? If not, move it there and try again. If it still is not working, the problem may be a small error in the registry where a path variable got corrupted that is preventing commands to work.
In order to fix this and get SmitfraudFix to work properly, download FIXPATH2.ZIP
and save it to your desktop. Create a new folder on your C:\ drive called FIXPATH2
and extract (unzip) the files to that folder.
Click on Start > Run > and type: cmd
press OK or hit enter.
At the command prompt, type: cd C:\
hit enter and you should get C:\>
Then type: cd FIXPATH2
hit enter and you should get: C:\>fixpath2
Then type: FIXPATH.EXE
* It will display some preliminary information, and ask if it should continue and check for errors. Click Yes
* If it successfully updates the Path value in the registry, you will need to reboot for the change to take effect. !!This is important!!
After reboot, try to run SmitfraudFix again as explained before.
Also download RogueRemover
and save to you Desktop. (compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista)
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
- During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
- If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.