Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error: Kernel Stack Inpage Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hi Anyone,

I have 4 hard drives on my custom PC with an OS on each. They all seem to be working except my SCSI 78 GB with the severed "ear" on the connector terminal on the back of the Hard Drive. I did super glue the dangling piece and re-solder the electrical connector parts of this piece.

It will start up but then it will pretty quickly spit up this "Kernel Stack Inpage Error" going to a blue screen when doing this. It says that it shutting down to save me from data lose.

Can anyone explain what this error is and what it means and what I may do to correct it? Thanks.

John

Edited by Johnz414, 18 August 2007 - 03:38 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

I suspect the drive. You can try these recommendations from http://support.microsoft.com Also read the last post on the bottom found here http://forums.pcpitstop.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

If the first and second parameters are 0, then the stack signature was not found in the kernel stack. The cause of this issue is defective hardware. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI-based hard disk, you should verify the disk cabling and SCSI termination.

This may apply to my situation.

I have 2 SCSI drives, one a 9 GB that is attached to the end terminal of the cable. The 73 GB which is giving me the problems is attached to the 3rd terminal leaving the 2nd unused. I have the pins(?) on the back of the drives set for this configuration. I think I have it right, it was really as much of a guessing game as anything else.

It is set up like this because the 9 GB SCSI is a 68 pin HD and the 73 GB SCSI is an 80 pin HD. And the first two terminals on the SCSI cable are to close together for them to connect one right after another because of them being two different pin sizes. So I use the first and third terminals and thought I had the HDs configured right to operate this way.

Maybe I don't?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated at this point. Thanks.

John

Edited by Johnz414, 18 August 2007 - 05:15 PM.

John

Albert Einstein.

#4 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

chkdsk/f/r to the rescue.

I did a number of chkdsk scans and wow this stuff is amazing. I'm on the hard drive right now and is it working great. From being slow and cutting out all the time it's the fasted hard drive I got and as stable as can be.

This is great.
John

Albert Einstein.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:13 AM

Glad you got it working
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users