Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer New Outllook 2007 Error Message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnvcn

johnvcn

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:00 AM

Old computer Win 98se – Outlook 2000
New computer XP Pro – Outlook 2007

I get the following pop up error message when I start Outlook 2007 and it continues to pop up every even while I am reading my new Emails

“Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client.”

These are the steps I have taken

Used the Transfer Wizard from Win 98 to XP Pro (Not a good idea)

Added a new pst

Kept and copied some old messages from 2000 to 2007 deleted rest

Deleted old pst through Options

Set 2007 as default in Outlook and IE 7

Still get error message

Any suggestions

Thank you,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnvcn

johnvcn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

OK found solution. Ran Office Diagnostics. It didn't find anything wrong but error message does not pop up anymore and to top it all off bleeping Microsoft said there was an error in diagnostic program and did I want to send the error report.

Edited by johnvcn, 31 August 2007 - 11:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users