Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Bar Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 polconv

polconv

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:31 AM

Hi, hope someone could help me here.
The start menu and bar along the bottom of my screen is not responding and some of the shortcut icons on the bottom right are not loading as well as the clock staying at the time from when the computer was turned on. So far i have run registry mechanic, adaware, spybot, Norton, bit defender but none of these have fixed the problem. DOes anyone have any suggestions as what to do next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

\thanks
polconv

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

One option to try is to run the edit on kellys - korner Line 117: Restore Taskbar and Start Menu.
See the top of the page for information on running the edit.

This option involves modifying the Registry, so be sure to back it up and know how to restore it should a problem occur.
How to Backup, Edit and Restore the Registry.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

You need to be aware that modifying the registry can be dangerous, one wrong entry can cause damage which may involve reinstalling the operating system. This is why it is so important to back up the registry prior to making changes in the registry.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users