Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I literally have a bleeping computer!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:32 AM

Well i was searching on google to try and find out why the hell my computer bleeps at random times, and i came across this helpsite, Bleeping Computer (ironic eh?), so i hope i can find someone on here who knows what to do...

I have a pretty fast computer, running XP home, cable modem etc and my computer makes a very annoying bleeping (not from the speakers) from inside the base unit at different times. Sometimes I will be on Counterstrike, or on an internet java game, or my sister will be playing the Sims and have MSN running at the same time and it will just start beeping... At first it was annoying but now im desperate to stop this happenin

Why on earth would it bleep? Is it overheating? or too information going down the phone line? Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks in advance

dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:40 AM

It just started bleeping again!!!! The total programs i had running were...

Msn messenger, Windows media Player, Norton Antivirus and Firewall and Internet explorer with bleepingcomputer.com up on it :S

Its a fast computer i cant understand why it would make a bleeping because it can easily handle the latest games/dvd's programs etc without any problems...just the bleeping

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:53 AM

Beeping could be messages from your BIOS about a problem, such as overheating; different BIOS will have different patterns of beeps to report different problems. Go to the link below: after you determine which BIOS you have installed,find the code for information on the meaning of these beeps:

http://bioscentral.com/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the link, how do i find which BIOS i have on my computer? I visited the site and its all pretty humbling/confusing

any more help would be great, Ive found the different beep codes now all i have to do is find which BIOS i have...and im halfway to solving the problem :thumbsup:

Edited by DaveyBoy, 02 February 2005 - 11:04 AM.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:14 AM

If you have a PC you bought over the shelf, then the list goes by brand manufacturer. If this does not work, then download, install, and run, the Everest utility which provides just about all the information about your computer you will ever need, or want ,to know (this may be useful becuase it will tell you how hot your computer is running). Here is the link:

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1?=en

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:25 AM

Awesome, Thanks a lot ma good man

Ill let ya kno how it goes... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users