If your using Win XP or 2000, please print out and follow the generic instructions for using SmitfraudFix
in BC's self-help tutorial
"How to remove the Smitfraud/Generic Zlob
(scroll down to where it says Removal Instructions
If you already have a copy of smitfraudfix, make sure you re-download and use the most current version as the tool is frequently updated.
When done, download RogueRemover
and save to you Desktop. (This program is for Win XP, 2000, NT only)
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
- During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
- If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
If you are still having problems afterwards you may need to post a HijackThis log and get expert assistance. Instructions for posting a log are included in the Smitfraud tutorial. Logs are posted in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum
, not here