Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old, Wrinkly & Need Smoothing Out

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob8UrChips

Rob8UrChips

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

Hi Folks,
Just joined up from Bonnie Scotland 'cos there's a couple of issues I need help and/or advice with.

There's a rumour that wisdom comes with old age - but my profound stupidity and genuine ignorance of things silicon tell me I'm missing out on a vital subset of this "wisdom thing", to the extent that as time passes I gain more computer-generated wrinkles than required.

If necessary I hope to Post a few questions in the next day or two after a Search and site/Forum familiarisation, and would be awfully grateful if someone can smooth things out for me.

Keep your 'chips' safe....
Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

I am sure you will find many Members with iron and ironing board ready.
Welcome to BC!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:23 AM

An outstanding intro :thumbsup:
Dont feel too bad about not understanding everything silicon - ideally one shouldnt have too, but as you know stuff happens.
Anyways, you're in good hands here, so post away!

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#4 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:36 AM

Heya Rob and :thumbsup: to BC

To make your life a bit easier, try visiting the New User Orientation Centre which will help familarise you with the site.

The tutorials have lots of useful info, so take time to check them out.

Enjoy your time here:)
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#5 Rob8UrChips

Rob8UrChips
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

Thanks guys - your kind words are much appreciated, and I'm off to the Site Fam. link before Posting anything that's already been answered.
But if I do need to Post, I'd be grateful for suggestions as to which Forum would be most appropriate for asking:

1. Anyone know what BTAgile.exe does, and is it safe to remove from my list of Start-Up/Boot-Up files?;

2. the Beast regularly crashes (I think that's the right term) when I use my (now third) torrent Client AND use Firefox...how do I get it to behave and be less beastly?;

3. sometimes music playback of torrent download (from file and burnt to CD) as well as streaming is warped by going too fast (and for folks old enough to remember, sounds like Pinky & Perky)...need help to get playback to go at 'normal' speed;

4. recently the commands for Restart computer and Shut Down have partially stopped working by closing down so far then seizing up on a blank light-blue screen, and I can only re-boot/switch off by cutting power at the mains or keeping the on/off button pressed for a few seconds.

These are my most pressing wrinkles, but I reckon there's a few others lurking in the shadows that need ironing out/anti-wrinkle cream.

And to prove just how stupid I am - I'm already using the 2.0 Beta version of cCleaner, but the problems above were already present.

I use Win2000 Pro, but I'll Post my techie/equipment things once I find the right Forum(s).

Thanks Folks....your Chips are so tasty :thumbsup:

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users