Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On Board Graphics?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

I have on board graphics only on my computer that uses the ram that i already have. Is there a way to up the amount of Ram it can use to get a better picture because i have more than enough to run the computer how i want to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

There might be an adjustment you can make in the advanced section of your BIOS, depending on the mobo. This person seems to have done some research
Mark
http://www.overclockers.com.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

I have a fujitsu siemens scaleo p with a ms 7275 motherboard if it makes any difference. Ill have a look in the bios if it can be adjusted. I have a Pci-e slot for a graphics card, what cheap one would be best for watching vids like on you-tube, google etc? I dont need it for gaming, because i have none.

After googleing the mother board i got a pdf for it about how it all works. Look on chapter 3-10. This is about the frame rate and seems to be set on 64mb, if i changed this to 128mb or the 256mb option would this be likely to upgrade the video quality? Also would i need to alter anything else while doing this modification? http://www.dnth.org/Man_MS-7275_uk.pdf

Edited by kev25v6, 17 August 2007 - 01:39 PM.

#4 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

For watching videos and whatever your onboard graphics should be fine. The only reason you'd get a graphics card is if you needed it for 3D/gaming or you wanted to do a multiple monitor setup.
Posted Image

#5 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

For watching videos and whatever your onboard graphics should be fine. The only reason you'd get a graphics card is if you needed it for 3D/gaming or you wanted to do a multiple monitor setup.

The picture can be really blocky, a bit like watching a blurred out version of the video. Its not bad for most things but even some photos dont come up very clearly(and its not my picture taking :thumbsup: )

#6 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

If you're using a CRT monitor set your resolution up to at least 1024x768, assuming you have a 17" monitor or greater.
If it's an LCD, make sure you're using the native resolution.
Also make sure your color depth is set to Highest / 32-bit / Truecolor.

If you can't change these options you may not have the proper video driver loaded, or it's possible the on board video is faulty.
Can you take a screenshot of the distortion? instructions here.
Posted Image

#7 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

My monitor is set to 32bit colour and the highest setting for resolution, its a 19" flat screen. Ive been onto the manufacturers forum and the graphics can be adjusted in the bios, there are different settings available to use 64mb,128mb,256mb. It was set to the lowest so ive turned it up to the 256mb and the graphics on youtube are now loads better. I can watch videos and actually know what is being shown instaed of it being all blocky. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users