Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanna Work For Google?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:20 AM

Why should I become a Google Business Referral Representative?

Joining the Google Local Business Referrals (LBR) program is a great way to earn some money while connecting people to the businesses in your neighborhood. The information you collect could be seen by millions of people who use Google every day. And you'll be helping the businesses you refer attract new customers while also making it easier for people in your community to find the products and services they're searching for.

Basically you could work for Google! :thumbsup: All you have to do is sign businesses up and you can get paid.

What do you guys think?

Source

EDIT: Sorry about the subtitle to the topic, I changed the main title at the last minute.

Edited by yano, 17 August 2007 - 11:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cozy

Cozy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

How much can I earn?
It all depends on how many businesses you refer. For each referral you make, you have the potential to earn up to $10 ($2 for the approval and $8 for the verification). The more time you spend making hiqh-quality referrals, the more you're likely to earn.

At first it sounded like you could make more than 10 bucks, but that "up to $10" seems like that's the highest they will pay you. Plus they talk about taxes "be able to complete an IRS Form W-9". IMHO I don't think it would be worth the driving around using gas, the time it would take having to talk to different businesses, then top it off with taxes. :thumbsup:

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

That $10 is per business. They won't send a check unless you make at least $25.

How much will I be paid? How will I be paid?

You can earn up to $10 for each approved, verified referral you submit. This includes $2 when a business referral is approved by Google; and $8 when an approved business verifies that the information you submitted is accurate. Referrals are approved by Google based on the completeness and quality of data supplied by representatives. Businesses verify their information either by sending us a response postcard or verifying their information online.

As long as your earnings total at least $25 a month, you'll receive a monthly check.

You wouldn't need to drive around too much. In my area (small town) I could just walk from my house all the way across town and probably make easily $200, after everything has been verified.

Edited by yano, 17 August 2007 - 10:37 PM.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

The best way to do it is to refer places that you are going to be anyway. Take for instance one of my parts runs for work 1) the Gas Staion, 2) Aftermarket parts Store, 3-5) Dealership 1 parts, shop, and sales, 5-7) Dealership 2 Parts, shop and sales, 8) the deli on the corner. $80 bucks after its all verified for a few minutes of conversation between me and a manager (while getting paid by my other job no less).

BTW I dont do this but its the same manner in which isell Girl Scout cookies and Boy Scout Popcorn for the Girlfriends siblings.

Posted Image

#5 Cozy

Cozy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:48 AM

That $10 is per business. They won't send a check unless you make at least $25.

You wouldn't need to drive around too much. In my area (small town) I could just walk from my house all the way across town and probably make easily $200, after everything has been verified.

To me the $10 doesn't sound like a for sure thing, it sounds more like thats the max they will give you per business. Plus after getting taxed on such a minimal amount it would be less. It at first sounded good, because its a simple task and you can have word of mouth from these businesses. Just the paid "up to" $10, paid monthly, and the taxes parts are what got me.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:11 AM

I tend to agree Cozy. Signing up businesses with google would be very much like selling something. The percentage of no's is always higher than the percentage of yesses. Then, the number is further winnowed to the genuine and legitimate sell. How much gas is spent depends on a person's location.

I do like BlackSpyder's idea. Combine the selling with what you're already doing. You might get some extra dough, but don't count on it for a living.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users