Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Really Slow Start Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hibachi

hibachi

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:34 AM

I just today, hours ago I was given a clean bill of computer health by the HJT team.

I left my computer for a few moments and when I returned, I found my firewall, Zone Alarm, had crashed or some sort of error. "True Vector Service" was the service that crashed, but the taskbar icon was still there, though now an X. I shut it down and attempted to restart it, but it began to loop at the window that says Zone Alarm is starting. It would close, and then open again without Zone Alarm actually opening, then close and open again. I eventually hit cancel and at somepoint, hit Windows Key+M and attempted to Ctrl+Alt+Del but Task Manager would not open. At this point I turned off my wireless connection I could Alt+Tab to my open programs besides AIM, so I went into Photoshop, saved what I was doing, and forced my computer off. Well, upon restart, the log in screen would come up just fine but then log in would be very slow, and eventually sit at my wallpaper with nothing else loaded. I forced it off and attempted to reboot in safe mode, with the first attempt immediately shutting off my computer, and the second sitting at the text that comes up one safe mode attempts to be initiliazed. I forced it off again and tried to boot up normally, letting it sit there, and it eventually all came back. I have no clue what happened.

I ran AdAware and nothing but normal tracking cookies came up. Spybot has found more cookies, and Virtumonde. I'm going to run avast! now and see if it comes up with anything.

I just want to know that if I really should go back to the HJT team again, or if this was just some random crash and the problem is going to sort its self out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

See this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users