Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes, Process: System

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zcrane

zcrane

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Hey guys. First of all, I want to let you know that I do NOT have this computer with me. It is one of my relatives, but I have worked on it before.

Ok. The computer is a Dell Inspiron Laptop that is under 3 or 4 months old. The issue is this: When the lid is closed, the computer goes into sleep mode. Thats great, but when the lid is opened again the computer hangs. When you pull up the task manager the process System is at 97% - 99%.

Any idea what can cause this? I have racked my brain and can't figure it out. I have run spyware scans along with anti virus and nothing has turned up. The owner doesn't ever download anything, so I don't think it can be an infection.

What do you all think? A speedy reply would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

I would go to Dell's website and download the latest system software. It may be that the power management software has become corrupt.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users