Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lose Browser Connection Within Minutes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bill T

Bill T

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Hi!

I lose my browser's connection with the internet after a few minutes of browsing. On startup both IE6
and IE7 work fine loading pages, then after a period of time that can range from 3 - 10 minutes, it stops
loading pages. Although it tries to load, after a moment or 2 I get the following message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: you are not connected to the internet / the
website is encountering problems / there might be a typing error in the address. What you can try:
diagnose connection problems / More information

I installed and ran Mozilla's Firefox 2.0.0.6, and it's the same story. After about 5 minutes it also
refuses to load pages.

I've updated and run Norton Antivirus, AdAware, Spybot, BitDefender 8 (and then uninstalled it), ComboFix,
SmitFraudfix, and Fixwareout, and deleted all old Java programs and installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u2.
As a result, I don't think this is a malware problem. I don't think there's anything wrong with my computer's internet connection settings, as I can browse just fine on startup. I'm running a home network on a Linksys wireless router, and none of my other computers have any problems browsing the internet, and all are running Windows XP with IE7.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Bill T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users