Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ms outlook hangs during send/receive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 josh05

josh05

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:58 AM

the microsoft outlook hangs when send/receiving button is clicked ,the progress gets to 1 % and thats all,its hangs.The inbox has very many mails in it and I was wondering if it can cause this?its of a certain boss and he is really pushing me cos he cant receive mails .The comp is free of viruses/spywares.Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:03 PM

What type of mail account is it (pop3, exchange etc)? Sometimes you can get a damaged email that sticks and you have to go in by other means and delete that one mail.

It could also be an email with a large attachment (I've seen people email a number of pictures from their digital camera and on a dialup connection it took 20 minutes to download the one email).

Reply back with some additional info.

OT :thumbsup:
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users