Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

still no error free day; help...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 briannab1

briannab1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:23 AM

does anyone know how this might be fixed?!? lol
please help me someone..... anyone........ anyone more computer literat than me, which probably includes everyone.....lol
Thx
Bri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 skaines

skaines

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:18 AM

i got this from a web site (http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html)

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
i will explain what i think it means.

that the server will display this error when the server knows that there is something wrong with the URL but doesnt wish to disclose why the request has been refused. what address where you trying to access, maybe someone else may be able to reach the URL.

if you want to find an answer to nearly anything, just search for it in a search engine, i normaly use google www.google.com.

Edited by skaines, 02 February 2005 - 06:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users