Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Colour Prints Only Yellow

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ROZCKA

ROZCKA

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

:huh: Ok here goes. I set up my Canon i450x printer recently and it had not been used for ages. I've cleaned the print heads and now it prints black beautifully but the colour is just Yellow!! Have i screwed up here somewhere whilst cleaning the heads?. I used nail polish remover and gently cleaned all the dried gluey ink off as it's been over a year since i used the printer last. I've put a fresh cartridge in and done several deep head cleans and still it's just yellow...so any help would be great guys...thanks in advance...ROZ :thumbsup:

Edited by jgweed, 08 November 2007 - 11:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

Perhaps the device driver is not working properly? Check your advanced printer settings and look up the Advanced tab under Print in Microsoft Word.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

Rubbing alcohol is suggested to clean the printer. Not sure if you've done any damage with an acetone based product. Also, be careful not to over-saturate
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

Hi Ryan could you be more specific as to where i look for the settings please. And Mark what would happen if i did over saturate? i was quite liberal with the nail varnish remover could this have messed it up? and why print just yellow? the black is fine. Is there any chance that it's only the yellow getting through?. Maybe it is the cleaning because the print outs before i cleaned the heads was multi coloured but faded and patchy that's why i cleaned the heads. So if it is too much acetone (nail varnish remover) where do i go from here?. Please help if you can guys ...ROZ

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:59 AM

I'm not sure where you can actually get specific controls on your printer, I have no experience in that, but I figured it would help if you could open up at least your print options in MS word (MS Word> File> Print> Advanced)
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#6 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

:thumbsup: ok Ryan thanks i'll give it a go if you think of anything else please put it here for me to try regards ROZ........

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

Just try not to leave puddles of fluid. Keep blotting it with a saturated Q-tip (cotton swab on a stick)
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

right here's the latest i've taken out the printer head unit again and re-cleaned the heads and using Q-tips have cleaned the small nipples inside that the colour ink cartridge sits on. I've filled the reservoir a couple of times with hot (not boiling) water and let it soak through onto kitchen roll paper. So far two colours have soaked through yellow and blue, but the other has'nt yet so i'll put some more water in before i go to bed and hope it unclogs the red. I'll keep you posted as to whether this all works or not coz after this i'm out of ideas. Thanks for the input fella's and if there's anything else you can think of well, i'd be much obliged if you'd post it here..regards ROZ

#9 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

:thumbsup: well after all that it's now just printing blank pages!!!!! I'd hate to have to buy a new printer as i've hardly used this one but i just don't know where to go from here can anyone HELP please...ROZ

#10 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

The print heads eventually wear out or clog so bad that they can't be cleaned. Here is a link to canons page on ordering the print heads.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users