Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack No Internet access updatenow.org

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rocketihaveone

Rocketihaveone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:46 PM

Newbie on laptop with lame desktop that can no longer access the internet. Desktop does not have AdAware, Spybot, nor HJT. Upon dial in, my home page pops up for one second, and then I am unable to change page, or go anywhere else on IE. Page indicates updatenow.org spyware on the pc.

Is there anyway that one can
1) reboot in Safte mode, and access the internet to get a virus scan, download AdAware, Spybot, and HJT?
2) If I were to download AdAware, Spybot, and HJT to laptop, can the programs be saved to disc and then uploaded on the PC?
3) Can I use Ctl-Alt-Del / Program Manager to stop updatenow.org to be able to access the net?

:thumbsup: stiff by this one!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:14 PM

[quote]1) reboot in Safte mode, and access the internet to get a virus scan, download AdAware, Spybot, and HJT?[/quote]

You can try safe mode with networking if you have XP.

[quote
2) If I were to download AdAware, Spybot, and HJT to laptop, can the programs be saved to disc and then uploaded on the PC?[/quote]

Yes you can do that for hjt. Ad-aware and spybot will be to big

[quote]
3) Can I use Ctl-Alt-Del / Program Manager to stop updatenow.org to be able to access the net?[/quote]

If you knew the processes that were bad you could prob do this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users