Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 endean0

endean0

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:41 AM

I have experienced a strange problem over the last 2-3 months with my Internet connection.

I usualy use a Netgear 834G Router for connection. This works ok from initial connection 8 a.m ish throughout the day, to about 6 p.m. I usualy go back on line about 8 p.m. and thats when the trouble starts. The problem persists until the early hours of the following morning, by when I've given up and gone to bed. Come first connection no problems!

The connection starts to regularly drop. At worst every 10-15 seconds. I got so fed up with this I switched back to a speedtouch modem. This works some of the time, but not 100%.

Can any one tell me why this problem only seems to occur in the evening. The Tech people at Orange (my ISP) and Netgear dont seem to have an answer.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:14 AM

Hi endean0,

If your Router is a Speedtouch 530, the DHCP servers can be tricky to set up.
Follow This procedure to change the DHCP server Address Pools.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 endean0

endean0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:29 AM

Sorry TMack, haven't been on line for a while.
The router is a Netgear 834G router
The speadtouch is an external Modem, which I have to use to be able to connect on my PC. However if I try to connect the PC through the router I get nothing, but the two laptops that I run at home connect fine through the router by wireless.
The goons at Netgear support seem a little baffled by this and after about a week of swapping e-mails they have booted it up a level to a higher support.
Even though I had the connection problems with it dropping off in the evening, I could still connect, but nothing know. I've had this set up for over a year without any issues, then suddenly nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users