Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Aformentioned Vw File

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fungonomie

fungonomie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

Gentlemen, I have been it seems led here to this site, after copy & pasting into google search, the first of three file names contained within a single file bearing the name "vw", with the second and third bringing no result.

It does concern me that a file has so obviously been placed within my home folder, and I am very curious as to what purpose it would serve anyone to bother with my system or my person.

I am eager to learn any preventative measure for security and privacy if such is available.

kind regards,
fungonomie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fungonomie

fungonomie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:30 AM

Hmmm,

well apparently my firewall isn't perfect, the file "vw" was again put back in my home folder,

i did however manage to run a trace on all incoming IP addresses and what came up was very interesting,

one was this very site, bleeping computer in NY

also someone calling themselves VIPAR at NTT America Inc.

another was John Blazek at Black Lotus Communications Corporation

and CNET and Washington Post and even Apple in California.

so it's logical deduction one of these is the culprit, should I report this to the FBI or does anyone here have any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users