Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System32/hal.dll Problem Fixed But....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dbonniwell

dbonniwell

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:45 AM

I fix the problem with the missing or corrupt system32/hal.dll issue, it seemingly was boot.ini related.
How can I prevent this in the future, is there anything I can do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hi dbonniwell. Do you know for sure what caused this to hapen in the first place ? If you do then don't do this again !! (Just kidding. Patient: "Doctor, Doctor! It hurts when I do this!" Doctor: "Don't do that!")

You have to know the cause and even if you do you may not be able to prevent this in the future. This may have happened due to no action of your own. You may not be able to trace the cause to something specific that you did.

You were able to fix the problem but didn't say how you did this. There may be no good defense against this, but at least you know what to do if it happens again.

Would you share with us how you fixed the problem ? Oh yes, and why this happened to begin with, if you know ?

#3 dbonniwell

dbonniwell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

I fixed it using the recovery mode with the XP install CD. I am sure many folks out there know about that.then I did a bootcfg/rebuild
I sat down an tried to figure out what I did but I did nothing out of the ordinary.
I read on the I-net that there are others that had this problem, One person threw out their computer over it.
I have been playying Oblivion. but thats normal usage.
I just booted up and it happen and I cannot figure out what I did to it before that.
thanks

#4 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

You are very fortunate that you have an Installation CD and not a Reinstallation CD. Most pre-built computers don't come with an Installation CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users