Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slvr L7c

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

hi, i have a verizon slvr L7c..i just got it...now whenever i plug my memory card into it...(the memory slot is behind the battery so the fone has to reboot)..bluetooth dosent work for any headsets. wtf..lol? anyone have any ideas or shuld i just bring it to verizon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

Was there a memory card you had to remove in order to put this one in place? If so, put that one back and does bluetooth work? Is there no other place for a mem card? My Razr V3m has one on the side of the phone, not behind the battery.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

there was no mem card in it to start with..and idk why they put the mem card behidn the battery lol

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

The card underneath the battery is the SIM (subscriber identity module) card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscriber_Identity_Module

Edited by oldf@rt, 16 August 2007 - 03:20 PM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

wow kid..only post if u have a clue what ur talking about..verizon dosent use sim..its a micro sd kingston card 1gb that i purchased seperatly..u deserve to never have a forum account

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

Dude, the guy just wants to help, no need to be rude, that's not going to get you anywhere
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

wel ik hes trying to help..but trying to help when you havent a clue what ur talking about dosent help ne1 lol

#8 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

many Motorola phones are built with Sim card slots in them (actually many phones are built with them), out of my 7 phones (3 verizon, 2 cingular, 1 virgin, and 1 simple freedom. 2 Nokia, 1 LG, 1 Sony Ericsson, 2 Motorola, 1 Virgin(only god knows what it is)) I have in front of me 4 have sim card slots and only 1 uses them (my old Cingular Prepaid). If you chose to switch carriers you can carry that phone over to cingular at&t if you wish. Its made so that they can sell the same phone to many different carriers (including overseas) with few hard part changes over 1/2 of the options and settings are disabled from the factory for a given carrier (as they dont use them). All that really changes this phone from the regular SLVR L7 looks to be software (mainly carrier settings and junk like that) so the memory card should go in the side somewhere according to the pictures of both phones (ask Motorola for answers and you will get them)but not behind the battery the only cards that go behind the battery are SIM cards and GSM cards.

I run a Verizon Nokia 8015i on the Cingular network with the Sim card out of my Sony Ericsson (the charging port is messed up on the phone and i still have 1000 minutes left after that I'll just use my virgin mobile). Its not uncommon.

Posted Image

#9 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Just a quick note: I own that exact phone, with a sim card. However I can only speak to the att models. I don't use verizon service. My memory card goes in the side.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#10 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

ok, verizon is a cdma service aka NO SIM card...i know the slvr is made with a SIM card but thats gsm..as in att/cingular (tmobile is iDen). Things that are applicable to SIM card phones have no bearing on non sim card phones. Please Stop Posting about sim cards, it has nothing to do with my issue.

#11 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

and Motorola would make 2 separate models named exactly the same thing, why? motorola can sell a Dual mode phone to either company, cut down on costs by producing less models of phones and increasing revenues by selling more of the models they do make. Every Motorola i have ever laid my hands upon (20+)has been made with a SIM card Slot for the simple fact they can make more money selling Dual Mode phones (and yes 3 of them were verizon phones).
SLVR side view
Please note the port on the side near the END key. that is where your memory card should go not behind the battery.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users