Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Access Add/remove Program And Winfixer Spyware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VPyingyang

VPyingyang

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

Hi, I think my computer is infected with winfixer. I cannot seem to access add/remove program or change my screensaver. Everytime I tries, it said "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contract your system administrator.".

Also there's this winfixer icon appear on bottom right corner of my screen and i can't remove it. I tried VundoFix and it doesn't work :thumbsup: . I'll try to post hijack log tommorow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

Before you post the hijack this log, try this: Download SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition and install the program. Accept the default values. make sure that it has completely updated. Restart your computer in safe mode, then see if you can access the control panel. If you can, find the entry for winfixer in the add/remove programs and uninstall it. It will want to restart the computer. Do not allow the computer to restart. Now, run a full scan with SAS, making sure the complete scan is selected. when it is done with the scan let it remove everything that it finds. If SAS needs the machine to restart, allow this. Please let us know your results.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 VPyingyang

VPyingyang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

I still can't access the control panel in safe mode, do you want me to scan with SAS?

Also I tried "Spybot search and destroy", still no results >_>

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:49 PM

Run a full scan with Super anti Spyware, safe mode is preferred, but regular mode can be used.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users