Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Finalize Burning But Not The Dvd Disc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

Hi all.

I've been converting FLV video file types using CopyToDVD, but when the burn option automatically appears after these convertings, it gives me no choice to finalize the burning of this session - but not to finalize the CD or DVD disc... and so consequently I've been finding myself stuck with discs that have only a 4 minute video clip from YouTube with no option to burn more files to the disc.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:11 AM

What burning program do you use?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi Bone Idol. I'm assuming that CopyToDVD has the ability to burn directly to DVD. DVDs only have sessions when they are burned as "data discs", not DVD format discs. There can be no sessions in a DVD video disc.

What is needed is to have CopyToDVD output to a DVD file set for each clip and then use a utility that is able to "combine DVDs". Nero Premium has this ability.

Perhaps other programs have this combine DVD feature. Does anyone in this forum know ?

#4 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

Thanks all. I made a mistake saying 'CopyToDVD' - I meant 'ConvertXtoDVD'.

It seems that almost every video clip I download from YouTube is in the FLV file format. After saving a set of video clips to my YouTube folder... I then open up ConvertXtoDVD and import my list of video clips for converting to a DVD format that will play on my standalone DVD Player.

When converting with ConvertXtoDVD, the burning session starts automatically after the encoding has finished. I think its Nero that does the burning.

#5 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

It sounds like you must collect all your FLV clips first and have them ready before you run ConvertXtoDVD. You can not add more video to an already burned video DVD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users