Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've Been Hacked! Hacker Played With My Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laveron

laveron

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

Yesterday I downloaded a file (mp3cutter.exe) from the internet. I haven't executed the application yet, but 10 minutes after download completed, my computer's started playing.
The mouse pointer kept clicking on "Start" --> "Accessories" --> and "Notepad". I kept closing the notepad, but it felt like the hacker and I were battling over mouse control. I stopped moving the mouse to see what would happen. The same thing happened again, the pointer clicked on notepad & opened it, then I could see the hacker typing in "Haha! I hack you!" letter by letter. I panicked and turn the plug off immediately. Didn't dare to turn computer back on for 24 hours.
Now that I'm using it, it "seems" ok, but I'm not sure. I'm quite terrified if he's accessing my files silently.

My Questions to you:

- Now that I've connected back to the internet, can the hacker track me
& reaccess my pc again?

- I've run AVG Anti Spyware 7.5 (updated everyday), and it detected "backdoor.Rbot.adf" . I've quarantined it, but does it help to quarantine it? or can the hacker still access my pc?

- My computer is connected to one other computer on a home network.
Can the hacker access the other computer too?

Please help me, I would muchly appreciate your advise!

Lana

Edited by laveron, 15 August 2007 - 10:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,097 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

Quarantining means just that. After a period of time when you are sure you haven't quarantined a file that was necessary and your computer is not affected, you can safely delete the file. Be sure to delete-- NOT reinstall!!
"Backdoor" implies that your computer was/is completely compromised. Using a different computer, change ALL passwords. Monitor any bank accounts, paypal, credit cards, etc.

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the instructions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users