Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Use Xp Repair If One Doesn't Have Original Disc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hockeyrick

hockeyrick

Software Thief

• Deactivated
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

My XP is experiencing minor problems and some of its features for one reason or another do not work anymore. How can I access the repair mode rather than just re-install Windows if I have no disc? Is it possible?
I have XP Pro Home with SP 2, factory installed by HP, computer is 8 months old.
I apologize if this has been addresssed before but I have not seen it.
I'm not a geek, sometimes have a hard time typing my name correctly!!!! JK
Anyway, thanx for any insight you gan give me

Edited by KoanYorel, 15 August 2007 - 07:36 PM.
Email address removed to protect from spamming

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hi hockeyrick, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

There are a coupe of option that you can try before using the repair console, have you tried doing a last good configuration or a system restore? These should be done in that order if one fails try the other.

What kind of features are you having problems with, and what sort of error messages are you receiving when these occur?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hockeyrick

hockeyrick

Software Thief

• Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:52 AM

thx for the reply dc

Nothing in particular, just seems some of the features of XP disappear, then reappear, like password save and things like that. I don't get error messages, just wierd things seem to stop working, then start again. Also, not sure how it affects my IE7, but that messes up also. Again, just little nagging things that one gets used to!
Just thought if I could go back and have it scanned and generally auto fix anything that was amiss!
Like I said, I'm not sure how to go about doing this or if it is possible. Maybe just have to get a new XP disc and compleytely redo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users