Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes Static

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikelivia

mikelivia

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Well today I just opened up itunes wanting to listen to some music and no matter the music I hear this really bad sounding static kinda like clashing. Any idea of what it could be ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

Does it only happen in iTunes? If so, it's probably bad codecs for iTunes. Did this happen before? Is it on a specific music track or several related? Are these downloaded or ripped from CD?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

Happens on all types of music. Only happens in Itunes. Tried other players works just fine.

#4 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

You should probably do a clean reinstall, and if that doesn't work, do you have anything against using a different program to listen to music?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#5 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

Ok ill try reinstalling it all. I hope I wont lose any music but thats ok if I do I could always just put it back on there. Anything against new programs no not really just need to be able to music on my ipod really. Thanks for the help so far.

#6 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Ok just did a clean install and its still there. So I guess can any one suggest good programs to use that can still put music onto my ipod ?

#7 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

Well, from what you've told me, you don't need a new program to put stuff on your iPod because that works fine. You told me you need a new program to LISTEN to music on your PC. For that, I can recommend Windows Media Player (for Microsoft users).

#8 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

ha I didn't even think about that. You are 100% right so thanks for the answers everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users