Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Very Laggy Please Help Asap!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daffsbro

daffsbro

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

Hi im helping a friend with his computer when you click and drag a window on his computer its really laggy! I scanned with Avg, Spybot, Ad-aware, SuperAntispyware and Cleaned every thing. theres nothing on it. Theres like 40-50 gb free hard drive space I did disk clean up I did disk defrag I did all windows updates. Still the windows Lag I did a test with the task manager and dragged that around System idle process was 90% when i moved the window around really fast taskmng.exe was 80% when i stoped moving it system idle process went back to 80% Can you help please I need to give this computer back to him in a few hours he needs it asap!

Hes on a Dell insperon 8400 Windows XP

I have 20 min before I have to return his computer Please help!!!!!!!

Edited by daffsbro, 15 August 2007 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

The system idle process is actually how much of the CPU capacity that is not being used. If you have nothing processing it should be high. What you are describing sounds more like a large number of processes running (60 or more) or not enough ram. If there are running P2P applications they can also cause this problem.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 daffsbro

daffsbro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

There was only like 20-30 processes and thing was useing any cpu only the idle process and taskmanager and like one thing useing 3%. he has 512mb ram for xp thats good. he has limewire but it was not running and the process was not running for it

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

Try Running gmer, and also delete the ./stubinstaller.exe file in the root of the C: drive
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 daffsbro

daffsbro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:56 PM

ok thanks I had to give the computer back but Im sure ill get a chance to tango with it again soon. Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users