I also recommend that you download RogueRemover
and save to you Desktop. (compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista)
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
- During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
- If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
XoftSpy is a program that was previously listed as a rogue product on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products
list because of concerns with False positive
, questionable license terms, and the use of aggressive, deceptive advertising, including exploitation of the name "Spybot". It has since been delisted but in my opinion it is not a very effective program compared to others with a proven track record like those mentioned in BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources
or one of the other Trustworthy Anti-Spyware Products