Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With .avi Preview In Explorer (windows 2000)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 squall_leonhart_wi

squall_leonhart_wi

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hey there. I'm running Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4, and I've been having this problem since I got this computer from my brother a few years ago. I never really bothered to fix it, I just worked around it, but I figured I might as well see what I can do. The preview I'm talking about is of course that in the left of an explorer window. It's supposed to display a mini-media player that allows you to watch the video you click on, but explorer doesn't seem to like .avis. It shows the media player, but before it can get the preview ready, explorer crashes. The problem only occurs with .avi files, and only ones that are uncompressed. This of course, makes me assume that for whatever reason, explorer is having trouble with the codecs. Do any of you know how I might be able to fix this?
"Peace at any cost is no peace at all..." - Jason Jonovic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

I use Divx but I have had a few issues with the 6.6 release you can try it or I have found a link to the 6.5 version.
6.6 http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/?cid=DP0000298
6.5 http://www.9down.com/DivX-6-5-1-8243/
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users