Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant log into windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Valic

Valic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

Can you help me, i cant log on to pc and someone told me to go on to
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

which said

SYMPTOM

After removing wsaupdater.exe from BlazeFind using Ad-aware 6 Build 181 and reference file 01R314 02.06.2004 or 01R320 19.06.2004, the ability to log on to the system may be compromised.

CAUSE

This file edits an area of the registry, and Ad-aware 6 Build 181 is unable to correct this registry change. The registry item changed is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Value: Userinit

Data: %system32%\wsaupdater.exe

%system32% represents the path to the System32 folder. For example, if the path is C:\Windows\System32, then the data would be

C:\Windows\System32\wsaupdater.exe

Instead of wsaupdater.exe, the data should contain userinit.exe,. Using the example above, the data would be

C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe,

and i remember runing ad-aware the day before the incident,

the site tells me to put Windows XP Professional Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install on a disk and run it on my pc, the only problem is it says i need a 1.44mb (which i used) but it tells me my disk is too small and when I click properties, it says my disk is a 1.38mb

Edited by Valic, 01 February 2005 - 06:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:41 PM

Are you useing unformatted floppies and letting XP format them by any chance.
If you are for some reason the formatting takes up more space than the formatting of a pre formatted floppy.

I unfortuneately have about 100 of those totally blank floppys and have tried to copy apps that say they are supposed to fit on a floppy but wont once they are formatted by xp.

Try useing a preformatted floppy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users