Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LuckyHat

LuckyHat

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

My Windows update keeps crashing at random times (like when I boot up) And tells me Update.exe the memory could not be read. Also when I try to install windows updates it crashes. I have SP2 installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:11 AM

When you say it crashes, do you mean that the machine becomes frozen, or blue screen, or that the updates fail and return an error number, or something else? Also check the windows logs for something that might help you localize the problem(s). See if you can get an error number. Bear in mind that there can be more than one entry in the logs that pertain to the issue.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users