Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Streaming Broken

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Liam Riordan

Liam Riordan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hi there, I am new to this site so here goes.

4 weeks ago my internet was running normally, fast efficient, life was good. Then one day it all changed, I can still connect and view websites no problems, but I can no longer stream or download any files larger than around 5mb completely. Also as a side effect, my Xbox Live (not 360) broke down at the same time. I have been hnting the internet for answers for weeks, to no avail. I usually watch internet videos through websites like YouTube, Veoh, GoFish and TV Links. At first they start streaming at the usual speed, but anywhere between 10 to 80% it stops completely. I can still see what I streamed no problem, but I can't see the completed video. Oh I did not change any settings to bring this about, it just did it by itself.

I have tried doing the following:
Flush DNS
Clear cache/increased size
Checked for viruses/spyware/malware (All clear)
Call ISP (Useless information)
ICP Optimizer
Used Firefox 2/IE 7/Safari (New XP one)

That's what I am able to do with my limit on PC workings. I know the basics, but I am no expert. Here are my specs:

Windows XP Home Edition (SP 2)
Firefox 2
TalkTalk ISP 2.2Mbps
Globespan USB Modem (Wired)
AVG Free Virus Scanner
Spybot S&D/Lavasoft spyware scanner
Bills up-to-date

If you need more information, please ask what kind. I am desperate for help, I play Xbox Live very often and I am in a clan and I am part of the leadership. Plus I kick butt on it. Please, please, please help me! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users