Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dropouts(other Than High School)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 autocthon

autocthon

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:46 PM

OK, while recording from any source through my mixer I get varying lengths of dropouts (no sound-making it sound like a skip on a record)there is no consistency in time or any other function. I've tried varying the input amplitude, the line in amplitude, the source, the recording program, grounding/ungrounding the equipment, switching to mic input (which gives me different problems) My computer has plenty of ram, a speedy processor, a sata hard drive and so on. Never had this problem before even on much older computers. I can edit these out but it is fast becoming a royal pain. Any ideas?
Suppose there were no such thing as theoretical questions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:50 AM

What interface is the computer connected to your mixer through? (like USB 1.1, USB 2.0, Mic-in, Firewire)

Edited by Ryan 3000, 17 August 2007 - 09:51 AM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 autocthon

autocthon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

What interface is the computer connected to your mixer through? (like USB 1.1, USB 2.0, Mic-in, Firewire)

Through the line in, didn't wor'k through the mic input, something didn't match there, possibly the impedence.

#4 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

Have you tried rotating the 3.5mm male side (I'm assuming it's 3.5mm right?) around in the female plug? When I had an old MP3 player the sound would be bad if it was rotated to a certain position. Sorry, I can't help you any further than this.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#5 autocthon

autocthon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

not only did I rotate it, I joysticked it and eventually replaced it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users