Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware, Trojans Or What

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 asloan98

asloan98

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

The other night I activated my computer at 2:45am when nothing should have been happening. I saw the taskmanager was indicating 100% CPU usage. In the process window two processes named "lube??ymailproxy.exe" were running, but shut down with in a second or two of my activation. What is this process? Spy-bot, Adaware, CCleaner, Advances Windows Care, and Norton do not indicate any problem, but what was the process and why was it running. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

The place to start would be your scheduled tasks to see if there is any thing scheduled to run at about that time.

Start, Control Panel, Performance and maintenance, Scheduled Tasks. There should be a list of all scheduled jobs and the time each task is scheduled to run.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 asloan98

asloan98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

NOthing scheduled until 3am when Norton starts

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

I would run a Trend Micro Housecall scan to see if anything can be found. What to do next would be based on the scan.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users