Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Out Of Range

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

Here' another one;

My monitor tells me it's out of range when booting OpenSuse normally. I can get into failsafe, but nearly all changes cause issues with X and or KDE. What I mean by that is the xserver becomes slow and/or sluggish, and the mouse may stop functioning if I make changes. This can be corrected by reverting to a very generic VESA Setting of 1024x768 or lower. I think the refresh rate is 60 hz under that setting.

anyone know how to correct this so I might boot to OpenSuse with a working monitor. But not in Failsafe?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

Lcd Monitor?? I have this issue every time I install Fedora or Ubuntu with my LCD. Most likely your set as a CRT and need to be set as an LCD See if you have System->administration->Display change it over to the proper sized LCD

Make and model? (need specs)

Posted Image

#3 RandomUser

RandomUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

Dell E772c analog CRT

I have to learn to read

Edited by RandomUser, 14 August 2007 - 12:09 AM.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

set the resolution at 1024x768 (or close to that) and the refresh rate at 60Hz that should clear up the issue. if you cannot do that using the GUi let me know and I will post the section of the Xorg.conf file you will need to fix

Posted Image

#5 RandomUser

RandomUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

Still no good

#6 RandomUser

RandomUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

I was able to get everything going by lowering the V-Sync and changing to 24-bit color

All is good now.

Onto XGL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users