Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jim4413

jim4413

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

In the past few days and for no apparent reason, Internet Explorer 7 (I'm using Windows XP) has become very temperamental. One minute it is working fine then the next minute it tells me that it can't display a webpage, but if I 'refresh' it sometimes opens the page, sometimes not. The only recent modification to my computer was to change my wireless router from unsecured to secured. Would re-installing IE help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi jim4413,

Try the instructions in this Micro$oft Article: Error message:"Page Cannot be Displayed" when you browse the Internet.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 jim4413

jim4413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

[quote name='TMacK' date='Aug 13 2007, 03:44 PM' post='593012']
Hi jim4413,

Try the instructions in this Micro$oft Article: Error message:"Page Cannot be Displayed" when you browse the Internet.
[/quote

Thanks, TMack
On the right tracks perhaps, but how do I find out the 'Preferred DNS Server' and 'Alternative DNS Server' addresses?

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:53 PM

Go into the Command Prompt and type ipconfig /all then press enter.
Use the IP Address from the command prompt window for the Preferred DNS Server and leave the Alternative DNS Server address blank.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users