Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Programs From A Mac?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tearle

tearle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

I feel I should know this as I have been using Macs for a few years, but I just can't get a straight answer from anybody. I have some useless programs I want to get rid of - how?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:42 AM

First check to see if they have uninstallers, use them if they do. If not then just drag and drop their icons in the Trash.

#3 DoveFat

DoveFat

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

Hey there tearie,
Buddyme's :thumbsup: advice is right on or right arm whichever you prefer.
Once you've done the "drag and drop" of program icon to trash you might want to check in the User Library for remnants of the trashed program, sometimes in "Application Support" folder and drag that to trash.
OS X 10.4 has a feature in Finder drop down to securely delete trash, that is, overwrite over the file with code to make the file unaccessable. Use this with caution.
[size=4][b][i][color=#000099]Much health and happiness to you and yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users