Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sending Files From Windows Pc To A Mac Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fivemagics77

fivemagics77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

hey guys, i have a question, i just got a new mac computer and i want to send all my mp3 files from my windows computer to this computer, i was going to use aim/ichat to do this. my question is, if any of the windows files are infected with viruses, can it transfer to my mac without the virus transfering? are there any specific file transfer programs that i can use to neutrailze the possibility of this happening? Thanks very much in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

Hi fivemagics77, and welcome to BleepingComputer. If you run scans with a anti virus, anti spyware, a anti malware, and use a firewall that have current updates then you should be good to go. You can scan the files with your anti virus before you transfer them as well.

As for the program that you are going to use, perhaps there will be someone else here that can speak to this, I'm not familiar with it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

Why don't you simply burn a CD of DVD ? The discs' formats are universal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users