Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About .net Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (kb928366)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bloomcounty

bloomcounty

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

Hey there,

I've got the same scenario on both my old/current XP Home and new/replacement (most likely going back) XP Pro laptop.

Add/Remove Programs lists these two things:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)

When I go to Windows Update, it shows that I successfully installed this:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)

So I'm guessing that's the same as the Hotfix listed above in Add/Remove Programs?

But the actual .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 is not listed in Add/Remove Programs. Is it supposed to be?

I know some people were having issues with this stuff -- so I wanted to make sure I was okay security-wise here (or if I need to do that unintall and reinstall everything scenario). I don't use this .NET Framework stuff (nor know what it's for). I just want to make sure the computer is secure. Thanks! :thumbsup:
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloomcounty

bloomcounty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:12 PM

Hey there,

Here's the update for anyone who has a similar question...

I talked to Microsoft, and it appears you don't need to have Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 listed in Add/Remove Programs. If Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366) came up for you on Windows Update and you installed it successfully, that means you already had Service Pack 1 on your computer. The listing in Add/Remove Programs for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 actually encompasses Service Pack 1.

Hope that helps anybody with the same question I had...

Take care. :thumbsup:
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users