Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Won't Play On Dvd Player

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ddude58

Ddude58

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

I just made my life story from old photos. Its a slide show with sound. I made this with Photo story, Picasa 2, and movie maker
They all play great on my PC but won't play on my DVD player. Any ideas on what I can do or a different program that is free?
thank you for what ever help you can provide me.
David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

Hi Ddude, I ahve used Photo Story 3 and it all worked good on my old DVd player (its a Phillips and it si about 6 years old)http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx
I have also used the Kodak software as well http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jht...pq-locale=en_AU
MCP
MSDST

#3 Ddude58

Ddude58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:47 AM

Monty
thanks for your input. I have tried them and still unable to play this dvd I made on any dvd player.
I read some place that dvd's made on a pc won't play on a dvd player. Guess I will keep searching for
another program that will burn this story to play on a dvd player. Thanks again
david

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

Monty
thanks for your input. I have tried them and still unable to play this dvd I made on any dvd player.
I read some place that dvd's made on a pc won't play on a dvd player. Guess I will keep searching for
another program that will burn this story to play on a dvd player. Thanks again
david

DVDs made on a PC not working in a DVD player is not true, but what can cause this could be the type of media that you use. Some players are picky about what media they like, this is especially true of older players, players that like DVD-R may not like DVD+R media. If the lens of you player is dirty that could cause this as well. Does you player have problems player other DVDs burned on you computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Ddude58

Ddude58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

my player has no problems playing any rented dvd. Just won't play the one I made on my pc. Tried all types of cd's & dvd's with same results thanks for replying to my question

#6 dribdrab

dribdrab

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:30 PM

I don't know anything about the programs you used ,but recorded cd's or dvd's won't play on other players if it is not finalized. You could try reburning to another blank disk with something like Imgburn or what I use is Cyberlink Power 2go , they have a free trial just like cds if you have not finalized the discs, discs become useless... you have to finalize the disc when the data is being written, doing it later causes the disc to marked blank.

Reason is that attempting to finalize disc afterwards the app is unaware of the files written and hence will mark them as blank....

Edited by dribdrab, 18 August 2007 - 11:49 PM.

#7 Ddude58

Ddude58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:28 AM

dribdrab
Thank you your right I never finalized the disks
Going to give img burn a try.
Downloaded img burn and for life of me can't figure out how to put my story in it to burn.
Any information you can give me on how too will be appreciated thanks

Edited by Ddude58, 19 August 2007 - 10:53 AM.

#8 Ddude58

Ddude58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:04 AM

Problem solved
Used Rxio and plays great on player\ thanks for every ones help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users