Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Problems With Connecting To Wireless Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cipherdiez

cipherdiez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:23 AM

I have a Thinkpad T21, corporate, that 48 hours ago was able to get on the Internet just fine and now is giving me DHCP errors that appear to happen for both its wired and wireless connections.

For wireless I'm using a Netgear WG111v2 wireless usb adapter. I just came back from a 6-week camp at Carnegie Mellon university and I'm not sure if my network settings were somehow changed while I was there, but the most confusing part is that I was able to get on via wireless on Saturday night, yet now it's connecting to the router (Netgear WGR614v6) and not going anywhere afterwards. My computer's running Windows 200, btw.

The main point is that the computer seems to be able to connect to the router, and its signals are getting stuck there. I can't actually log in to the router, so I'm thinking that the problem is in the computer itself, not the router. My other computer, a T23 Windows XP, is able to get on just fine...so that leaves me with no idea what's going on. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Moved from the W2k\NT\2003 Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 14 August 2007 - 06:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robsie

robsie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:27 AM

Hi Cipherdiez

It doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with your PC as you have said you are able to connect at home. It seems as if the router has been reconfigured and your laptop was not on the list of allowed mac addresses or doesn't match security?

Check with the person who configured your router for your company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users