Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pipmon.exe Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chinasheryy

chinasheryy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

I got this virus and couldnt get rid of it using the smitfraud tool you said to downlaod. After trying about 7 anti spyware programs the one that finally worked was Spyware Nuker XT. I booted into safe mode looged on as admin and it actally worked. Norton as usuall only indentified it but couldnt remove it and asked me if I wanted to exclude it from future scans. I think Norton is one of the worst Antivirus programs but I like there Firewall. Kaspersky is a good antivirus but their Firewall is too difficlut to understand. You dont know what its blocking just messages come up with a bunch of goboldi goop on them. Why cant someone make a good Anti virus like Kaspersky but with a Firewall like Norton or Zonal Alram Pro?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:32 AM

Hello chinasheryy and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Is this just an informational post or are there issues that we still need to review/resolve? If you are still having any issues then follow the directions here to perform the steps required for posting a HijackThis log and then post the log back to this topic.

As for antivirus firewall vendors, most vendors are good at either providing a good antivirus or a good firewall but not both. I use AntiVir for an antivirus and Comodo for a firewall. Both are free and perform well. Having a combined product is convenient but not always the most effective solution.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users