Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Tablet Pc - What, Where, How ..?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

Somehow I feel that this question is bordering on the verge of extreme stupidity....and it has taken me weeks to take the plunge and go ahead and ask it - my own attempts at searching for a plausible explanation have yielded othing but frustration.

So here it is. I have often come across "Tablet Pc". It's in my Start / programs / Accessories, and in Help & Support. Ok, so here comes the stupid question...

Do I have this Tablet thing or not.???

O.S Vista Home Premium
HP Pavillion dv2500 Notebook PC (Hp Pavillion dv2554ea - Is this the version name??)
Firefox V 2.0.0.6

My assumption is that, No, my pc does not come with tablet as it is a Notebook pc, not a Tablet pc. And the reason why it's in the programs is because it ships with all of Vista regardless.

I can open the Tablet PC Input Panel, but the cursor flashes madly when hovered over the panel.

You know, I think I've just answered my own question?? BUT.. why then how can I open and use the Sticky Notes and Journal that are found listed under Tablet pc.??

Can someone please put this poor fool out of misery and give me the lowdown....... :thumbsup:

Posted Image

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

This article should answer your questions.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

This article should answer your questions.

Thank you dc3. A good easy answer for dumb question!! You have solved all my curiosity - except that the tablets seem quite fun!!

Cheers
Nat
:thumbsup:

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

Glad to help, and that wasn't a dumb question. Remember, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. :thumbsup:

If you want to see what some of our members have done that truly were dumb things check out the General Chat forum and the thread "Ever done something stupid?", This link should get you there.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Glad to help, and that wasn't a dumb question. Remember, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. :thumbsup:

If you want to see what some of our members have done that truly were dumb things check out the General Chat forum and the thread "Ever done something stupid?", This link should get you there.

:flowers: :inlove: :trumpet: :cool:

Got any photos..?? !!!!

How's your knowledge on multifunction printers.?? Haven't had any hits yet (patience, I know) and could really do with some (your :) ) sound judgement......

:P
link hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users