Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Background Locked

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Doniv

Doniv

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

hi,

I am not able to change my desktop background. when ever i access the properties to change the desktop, the background list is locked and so is the browse & postition buttons.....i can click it....please help.... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:35 AM

Right click on the desktop and select Properties > Desktop tab > Customize Desktop button > Web tab.
If there is an entry there delete it and then click OK. Now you should be able to change the desktop background.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Doniv

Doniv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:49 AM

Hi Budapest,

Thank you so much.....it good now :thumbsup: guess i can trouble you for future help...if its ok.....

Thanks again

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

You're welcome Doniv. I'm glad to hear it worked out.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 JNW

JNW

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:50 AM

If this doesn't work is there anything else that I can do? They only entry is an unchecked My Current Homepage box. Thanks

#6 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:56 AM

To change the desktop background just right click on the desktop, click porperties, then click on the desktop tab and choose the wallpaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users