Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brief Introduction By A Psychotic Kitten

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 psychotic_kitten

psychotic_kitten

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:47 AM

Hello... I'm the psychotic_kitten. I found this site through a link to a link to yet another link. Great information here. Very useful. The problem I had is now fixed (dumb smitfraud on my sister's computer), but I find myself wondering if someone has hacked my network. My parents are suing the county sheriff because he's a bad guy and fouled them (it's not the safest thing to do, considering he's been in power for 28 years, and they've got enough information to sink his political career and send him to jail). A little on the scared side.

So I'm about to search this site to see if anyone here knows what programs to use to search for extra computer users (aka ones that aren't supposed to be there) by IP address. Hopefully there's something out there that will help me. I, unfortunately, know nothing about networking and hope to learn rather quickly. I'm just a housewife for pete's sake. I couldn't even set up my linksys router properly to put it on protection mode or whatever I need to do for my laptop to be able to use it. I'm unfortunately on an unsecure network.

Anyway, here I am. Nice to meet everyone.

cheers

psycho kat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:49 AM

Hello psychotic_kitten and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users