Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista And My Monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aq2

aq2

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Why does vista not find or see my monitor? I have a View Sonic Vx2025wm model and vista is not seeing it or something. When i look the the device manager it shows my monitor as a " Generic PnP Monitor.

I download the newest vista drivers for my monitor and it installs but at the end of the install it say my monitor is not found please install the unsigned drivers, which i did but it reads as a Generic PnP Monitor,So my monitor is a generic piece of junk so says vista

Any fix or suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:00 AM

I to have a View Sonic, I downloaded and installed the latest Vista driver from there site (view sonic) and guess what was in device manager.......Generic Monitor! So I uninstalled it and went back to device manager and selected update driver and Vista installed it back to its default driver.......as for your problem I would contact View Sonic as it is a driver issue with them......Vista ready....yeah right!
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users