Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Boot In Safe Mode!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 LuckyHat

LuckyHat

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:13 PM

Every time I try to boot into safe mode, when I hit enter a bunch of system 32 files start going down a list with disk partion something or other (Sorry Im not good with computers.) Then it just freezes halfway then I have to reboot. Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

Hi LuckyHat,

Please read the tutorial on How to Start Windows in Safe Mode.

There is a few second lag for the Windows Log on screen to load up, but if you are having trouble entering Safe Mode via the F8 method, you should read This .
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

Safe Mode uses many "default" drivers that don't get loaded on a normal startup. It is crashing on one of these drivers. Tell us what the last driver listed is listed before the crash.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

LuckyHat,

I see you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users