Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

web desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adam in my room

adam in my room

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:29 AM

hello i am adam no idea how i got this it is a web desktop called adstatserv it is killing me :thumbsup: i have ran about 5 programs 2 take it out only one that can find it is ad-aware se but one deleted it just comes bak so any idea for me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:51 AM

Hello adam and welcome to BC.

I'm guessing that your operating system is XP. If that is the case you need to disable system restore, then do the scan and then reenable system restore. When you boot your computer system restore takes a "snapshot" of what it thinks is a good operating system so you can restore an old one if you have problems. Unfortunately it also includes the viruses and spyware. When you turn off system restore it will delete your backups. Then after you have scanned and cleaned your machine and you turn system restore back on it creates a new backup without the viruses in it.

Windows XP System Restore Guide

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 adam in my room

adam in my room
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:40 AM

how do i tern that of i have no idea and as soon as i scan and delete 1sec later it is bak .

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:55 AM

Did you read the the XP System Restore Guide that Leurgy linked you to? It is not that hard. Trust me. :thumbsup: Just read it and if you still have any questions. Post them. O.K.? I added it again for you. Below:

Windows XP System Restore Guide

Pay close attention to all that Leurgy told you. And above all. Do not forget to turn your System Restore back on Once you are finished.

Edited by scarlett, 01 February 2005 - 11:07 AM.

Posted Image

#5 adam in my room

adam in my room
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:03 AM

ya i seen that once i had asked how 2 do it any way i got bad or good news i dont no
i would say bad
i did all he said but did not get rid of it now the bad part the scan no longer finds the dam thing so 2 my comp very thing is ok any idea

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:12 AM

Maybe you should consider posting a Highjack This Log. This link will take you to the HJT Forum. Please read the pinned topics at the top. There you will learn all that you need to know regarding the the posting of your log. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Just please keep in mind that all Highjack This Team Members are volunteers. One must practice a little patience, when waiting for help. I promise you though that they will get to you as soon as they are able. :flowers: Once you have posted your log. Do not reply. Wait for an answer. As the Highjack This Team Members look for zero replies. If a reply shows. I'm afraid that you may get lost in the shuffle.

And above all do not attempt to work on your log yourself. And only take the advice from an official HJT Team Member. Which will show under thier name and avatar.

If you have any questions regarding the posting of a Highjack This Log. Post them here. It is a bit complicated. But someone will walk you through it. :trumpet:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users