Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! Problem Uninstalling Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gidget

gidget

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:59 PM

I hope someone can help me with this. I noticed the new 7.0 KAV was out so I went and tried to upgrade to it from my 6.0 version. When I got so far into installing it, I got an error. Basically there's a file up in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software area for Kaspersky that is locked and I can not get this file deleted out of the registry. Installing the new KAV 7.0 gets so far and then rolls back cause of this error. So I attempted to uninstall 6.0 and got an error doing that so I spent a long time digging KAV 6.0 manually out of my system but I can not get that one KasperskyLab file to delete out of the registry and now I can't even install 6.0 again nor the 7.0 version. I keep getting the error. I went to Kaspersky to see what to do and found a removal tool to take KAV off and even it will not unlock the registry key so I can delete it. I've tried everything to get it to delete. I tried using Unlocker but that doesn't work in the registry. I've scoured my computer for any other entries remaining for Kaspersky that might be keeping it locked but I'm coming up finding nothing else for Kaspersky. Can someone please tell me if there's a program I can use to unlock keys up in the registry so I can delete this entry. I'm stuck and can't figure out what to do next. HELP! HELP! HELP!

Moved from the XP Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 12 August 2007 - 04:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gidget

gidget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

Why is everytime I come in here for an answer to a problem, I can never get any assistance from anyone. My question is always being moved??? This has been happening the last several times I've come in here for an answer. My post is always getting moved out!!!! How come I never can get any help???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users