Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan.win32.scapur.a

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 theonemonika

theonemonika

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

hi everybody ! :thumbsup:

me too I do have a very big problem - right now I'm typing with on-screen keyboard. :trumpet:

my computer get infected with trojan.win32.scapur.a - detected with trend micro online scan - and I think that this is the reason why it attacked my keyboard. the "best" part is that my computer has 2 accounts - me as admiistrator and a guest one but because my keyboard doesn't function properly I can't type my password so I have to use the Guest accont which is very restricted.

keyboard is not wireless but it functions ok because when I start my computer those 3 little green lights are on - Num Lock, Caps L etc.

I have avg and firewall.

my question is how can I reach my Admin. account ? :flowers:

please can you help me because I am not familiarised with fixing my computer :inlove:

Edited by theonemonika, 12 August 2007 - 11:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer theonemonika.

Can you explain why you cannot type in your password to access your Admin account?

Seeing as you are receiving help from another forum with your Trojan issue, we won't address that problem at this time.
Having two different people work on this would be confusing, not to mention a waste of each of the volunteers time and efforts.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 theonemonika

theonemonika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:38 AM

3 days ago I was on you tube and after I typed "george michael - edge of heaven" suddenly the "e" letter was driving crazy - it was multiplying itsef without my help. I thought that the key was blocked but when I tried to delete those too many "e"-s on my screen appeared the image of my 2 accounts - and in Admin. account it was typed my password - like a ghost did it - and I hear like an alarm sound coming from my hard disc. and since than my keyboard don't want to type anything - except when I start my computer those 3 green lights on it are turned on - so it's not its fault maybe because of virus.

I did online scan with trend micro and the result is was that trojan - but maybe because I'm on restricted guest account - without password - the test result did't tell me the location of trojan - it said "not located".

I have some files on Admin. account and I don't want to loose it.

when the computer starts I tried to press F8 but without any result.

so what can I do ?

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

An alias of trojan.win32.scapur.a is Adware-PurityScan.
Try downloading RogueRemover and save to you Desktop. (compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista)

* Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
* During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
* Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
* If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
* When completed, close the update window.
* Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.

If you are having trouble entering Safe Mode via the F8 method, you should not use theSystem Configuration Tool Method to force it to startup into safe mode. For reasons why, you should read This.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 theonemonika

theonemonika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:27 PM